INDIANAPOLIS (Sept. 23, 2015) — The Indianapolis Airport Authority (IAA) will offer approximately 320 acres of surplus land at auction Saturday, Oct. 24, with Schrader Real Estate and Auction Company conducting the auction in cooperation with Colliers International.
The auction will include residential development land, productive farmland, residential building lots and industrial/commercial sites. The land will be sold in tracts to enable the largest possible number of prospective buyers to participate. Bidders will be able to bid on just those tracts that suit their needs. Some may seek one or two tracts and others may wish to buy all of the land.
This is land that the IAA no longer needs for aviation use, so it is putting the land on the property tax rolls and back into productive use for the community.
The land will sell divided in 30 tracts from seven different locations.
- Stanley Cove: Approximately 35.11 acres — including platted lots and undeveloped land — in the Stanley Cove neighborhood.
- Former Speedway Airport:26 acres selling in two tracts on either side of Ronald Reagan Parkway, less than a half mile south of Lucas Oil Raceway.
- Flynn Road Property: 12 tracts south of the Pepsi facility in Ameriplex Business Park.
- Millhouse Road Property: Approximately 14 acres of mostly wooded land, off Mendenhall Road and east of Kentucky Ave.
- Lynhurst Drive Property: Four tracts ranging from 2.76 acres to 21.34 acres, located near the southeast corner of the Indianapolis International Airport.
- Stafford Road Industrial Site: Approximately 0.67 acre in the Airwest Business Park.
- AirTech Parkway Property: Wooded tract of approximately 11.66 acres on the west side of Ronald Reagan Parkway.
The auction will begin at 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 24, at The Palms Banquet and Conference Center, in Plainfield. Auction personnel will be available at The Palms from 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 6, and Thursday, Oct. 15 to provide detailed information and accommodate inspections.
Those seeking additional information may visit iaasurplus.com or call 800-451-2709.
Schrader Real Estate and Auction Company, based in Columbia City, Indiana, is a leading auctioneer of agricultural land throughout the United States and is a five-time USA Today/National Auctioneers Auction Marketing Campaign of the Year winner.
Colliers International Group Inc. (NASDAQ: CIGI; TSX: CIG) is a global leader in commercial real estate services with more than 16,300 professionals operating from 502 offices in 67 countries. Colliers professionals provide a full range of services to real estate occupiers, owners and investors worldwide. Services include brokerage, global corporate solutions, investment sales and capital markets, project management and workplace solutions, property and asset management, consulting, valuation and appraisal services, and customized research and thought leadership.